Scallop is a type of mollusk (seafood – a shellfish). There are 2 types of scallops available in market – wet & dry. Its better to use dry scallops. In continental/ western way – scallops are either sauteed or frying.Here we have a sauteed/seared recipe with mash.
Ingredients for 10 portions
- Blanch the tomatoes, refresh in chilled water, peel the skin & marinate in salt, pepper and olive oil
- Clean the scallops and marinate in lemon juice,salt,pepper & olive oil
- Toast sesame seeds & broil saffron
- Prepare mash – mashed potato
- In a hot skillet wilt the spinach in little oil, season and keep aside.
- In a pan simmer the fish stock on medium flame, broiled saffron and add seasoning
- In a small pan melt butter saute finely chopped garlic and add the potato mash
- Add cream, a pinch of nutmeg powder & little butter to mash and season with salt & pepper…
- To a very hot pan put little oil and sear the scallops on both the sides till cooked
- In a soup plate put the potato mash in the center, arrange the wilted spinach.
- Place the marinated tomatoes on top followed by 5 seared scallops
- Finally pour the saffron fumet on top of the scallop and put toasted sesame seeds as garnish