-1 lb. Italian sausage
-1/2 lb. ricotta cheese
-1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
-1 teaspoon salt
-1/4 teaspoon black pepper
-8 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded
-6 oz. tomato sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain.
3. Add ricotta cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, flour, salt and pepper; mix well.
4. Divide mixture into eight balls; place on a greased baking sheet.
5. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown; remove from oven.
6. In a small saucepan over medium heat, simmer tomato sauce for 10 minutes or until thickened; set aside.
7. Spread 1 tablespoon tomato sauce over each calzone; top with 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon diced tomatoes. Roll up calzones, placing seam side down in serving bowls.