A calzone is an Italian oven-baked folded pizza, in the USA often described as a turnover, made with folded leavened dough. It originated in Naples in the 18th century.
Ingredients for 10 portions
|0.3||Kg||Mozzarella cheese – shredded|
- Flatten the pizza dough with the palm and stretch it evenly from all the sides.
- Spoon pizza sauce in the middle of the dough, then dot with ricotta and top with pepperoni and mozzarella.
- Gently fold the dough in half, then crimp edges all around
- Transfer to prepared baking sheets. Brush tops with oil and sprinkle salt.
- Bake for 12 mins at 200 degrees. Bake until tops are golden