Spare ribs are cut from the lower portion of the lamb, specifically the belly and breastbone, behind the shoulder.Barbecue spare ribs are mostly pork spare ribs and ave very famous in America.Here we have described the recipe of lamb spare ribs.
Ingredients for 10 portions
|Lamb spare ribs
|Red wine vinegar
|Dark brown sugar
|Soya sauce dark
|Red bell pepper
- Place spareribs in a large pot with cover. Add salt, pepper, and water to cover.
- Cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until tender.
- For the barbecue sauce- roast the pepper, deskin and puree to a coulis
- In a saucepan, combine rest of the ingredients and place tender spare ribs & cook over a slow flame for 10 mins
- Place ribs in shallow baking dish. Pour on sauce and roast at 180ºc for 20 minutes.
- Save some sauce to serve as accompaniment on the side.
Suggested accompaniments : baked potato / corn salad / potato wedges / potato salad.