Rosti is a Swiss dish and is very similar to a hash brown. It was originally a breakfast dish, commonly eaten by farmers of a particular region in Switzerland, but is now eaten all over Switzerland & around the world. Ragout (Mushroom/chicken) – is a creamy sauce that pairs great with Rosti. Rosti is also served with Sausage & Cheese.
Ingredients for 10 portions
- Peel and grate the potatoes. Add flour, corn starch & salt and mix well with a spoon. Now heat a pan.
- Take a 1/4 cup full of the potato mixture & with a help of a spoon or fingers spread it out like a pancake.
- Pour 2 tsp of oil- cover & cook. Cook for 2 to 3 min on low flame – till you get a nice golden brown color.
- Once cooked, flip it and put some more oil and cook on the other side by pressing a few times.
- Serve the pancake with ragout sauce garnished with some fresh parsley.