Boneless loin part of lamb pound with millet and stuffed with Italian style seasoned vegetables and rolled. This is roasted and served with accompaniments.
Ingredients for 10 portions
|0.1||Kg||Sliced bell pepper|
|0.015||Litre||Red wine vinegar|
|1.8||Kg||Boneless loin of lamb|
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil; sauté onion and garlic. Add spinach, red pepper, basil, currants,
- Pepper and vinegar. Cook additional 2 to 3 minutes until spinach is wilted
- Lay boneless loin or sirloin on cutting board, fat-side up. Trim excess fat, leaving 1/8-inch cover.
- Score fat surface in a 1-inch crisscross pattern, 1/8-inch deep. Turn boneless loin over, fat-side
- Down, on cutting board. Cover surface of the meat with plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet
Or pounding tool, pound meat to 1-inch thickness. Place a 2-inch strip of filling along the centre
And the length of roast; roll and tie with string at 2-inch intervals.
- In a small bowl, blend olive oil, chopped garlic, pomegranate juice, paprika, salt and pepper
- Marinate the roast in the above mix and roast until the desired doneness is achieved
- Rest the meat before carving and serving with desired accompaniments such as vegetables and starch