Pork shoulder is an inexpensive triangular cut from the area just above the front leg of the pig. It is flavorful but there is less fat marbling and the meat will be tough unless cooked correctly. Picnic, Boston & But t are cut from the shoulder and are commonly roasted, smoked or grilled.
Ingredients for 10 portions
|1.8||Kg||Shoulder of pork|
- Place the pork in a greased roasting pan. Rub the pork shoulder with the salt, pepper, and herbs.
- Place the shoulder in the oven to roast for 1 hr at 180 deg c
- Turn the shoulder once and cook for another 30 minutes basting frequently
- Remove from the oven and rest the shoulder.
- Add mirepoix to the remains – jus, in the roasting tray and cook over the flame until browned
- Add flour and cook further. Add stock and cook for 30 minutes
- Strain and cook the sauce until reduced. Serve with sliced pork