Ingredients for 2.6 kg
|0.03||KG||CAUSTIC SODA PELLETS|
- Mix the first three ingredients well and allow to rise for 1 hour to make a starter
- Make a dough with water, yeast, sugar, starter and flour.
- When the dough is 3/4th kneaded add oil, then add the salt finally.
- Ferment the dough for 20 minutes. Knock back and rest
- Shape and keep in the freezer to harden.
- Boil water and add caustic soda to it. Now using tongs dip the frozen pretzels in caustic for 10 sec and arrange on a baking tray.
- Proof , slit with a sharp blade, Sprinkle sea salt and bake in the oven.