Napolitana or Napoli sauce originated from southern Italy, is the collective name for the tomato-based sauce which is used in Italian cuisines. Popularly used pasta with Napolitana sauce is Spaghetti. Here we explain a traditional pasta Napolitana with Penne.
Ingredients for 10 portions
- Heat olive oil and saute garlic, add chopped onion once garlic is golden brown
- Saute onion for 2 mins & add Napolitano sauce and bring it to a boil
- Add cooked pasta to the sauce, check for seasoning and cook for 3 mins.
- Add chopped fresh basil leaves, chili flakes & butter and cook for 2 mins or until the sauce is almost dry.
- Plate it and garnish with fresh basil leaves and shaved Parmesan.