Yield: 6 portion
Baby carrots – 12
Baby leeks – 12
Baby golden beets – 12
Baby purple beets – 12
Baby turnips – 12
Virgin olive oil – 3 oz.
Lake trout fillets, deboned, skin scored – 36 oz.
Fresh grapefruit juice – 4 cups
Pink peppercorns – 2 oz.
Unsalted butter – 6 oz.
Salt and freshly ground black pepper – to taste
Fresh chives -1 bunch
- Separately blanch all baby vegetables in salted boiling water; set aside.
- Heat half of oil in sauté pan; sear trout skin side down, turn over and place on baking sheet greased with remaining oil (fish is still rare).
- Deglaze pan with grapefruit juice, add peppercorns; reduce mixture to syrup consistency. Stir in 4 oz. cold butter; set aside.
- Heat all vegetables, except beets, in remaining butter and 1/4 water (heat beets separately). Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake trout in preheated 400F oven until medium (about 3 to 4 minutes).
Serve with vegetables on top, spoon sauce over dish; garnish with chives.