Yield: 4 8-in. rounds
Active dry yeast – scant Tbsp.
Warm water – 100F 1 cup
All-purpose flour – 2 1/2 cups plus as needed
Semolina flour – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 2 tsp.
Table salt – 1 tsp.
Olive oil – 1/2 cup
Kosher salt -as needed
- In large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand 10 minutes, until mixture becomes frothy. Add flours, sugar, salt and 1/4 cup olive oil. Mix until smooth and elastic.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour. Knead dough 2-3 minutes.
- Gather dough into ball. Lightly coat with olive oil. Place in well-oiled bowl. Cover with plastic. Let rise in warm, draft-free area until doubled in volume,about 1 hour.
- Divide dough into 4 pieces. Roll out into 1/8-in.-thick rounds. Brush with olive oil. Grill on high-heat grill or on hot baking stone in 450 F oven until lightly browned on edges and slightly crisp.
- Remove from heat. Lightly brush with oil. Sprinkle with kosher salt.