Au jus is a French culinary term meaning “with juice”. It refers to meat dishes prepared or served together with a light gravy, or broth, made from the fluids secreted by the meat as it is cooked. In French cuisine, cooking au jus is a natural way to enhance the flavour of dishes, mainly chicken, veal, and lamb.
Ingredients for 1 Lt
|4||Kg||Bones of Lamb|
- Blanch the bones in cold water and strain
- Roast the bones and mirepoix separately in a moderately hot oven
- In a stockpot, combine bones and tomato paste and cook.
- Add red wine and then add chopped tomatoes, mushroom & cold water and bring to boil.
- Add mirepoix in the last one hour of cooking along with the herbs
- Strain the stock and cool as soon as possible
- Now reduce the stock till it is reduced to a thick glaze
- Take it off the flame and blend in chilled butter until the emulsion is formed and the sauce is thick.