Yield: 1 serving
Frying chicken – skinless 1/2 of 4 1/2-lb. bird
Self-rising flour – 2 lb.
Noniodized salt – 1/4 cup
Coarse ground pepper – 1/4 cup
Cold water – 2 qt.
Peanut oil – as needed
Green hot pepper sauce – as needed
Honey – as needed
- Cut knuckle off drumstick. Cut pin bone off breast. Butterfly breast at thickest part but do not cut into 2 pieces.
- Mix flour, salt and pepper. Dunk chicken in water; dredge in seasoned flour. Hand-pack flour onto chicken; do not shake off excess.
- Fry chicken in 350F oil for 20 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pan. Douse with green pepper sauce and drizzle lightly with honey.
- To serve: Fold 17-x-17-in. white paper napkin into triangle; place on large oval platter. Arrange chicken on napkin.