Hotel Guest check out and accounts settlement can be an efficient process when the front office staff is well –prepared & organised. The departure states of the guest cycle involve several procedures designed to simplify the check-out & account settlement.
These Check-out procedures include:
- Inquiring about additional recent charges
- Posting outstanding charges
- Verifying account information
- Presenting the guest folio.
- Verifying the method of payment
- Processing the account payment
- Checking for mail, messages, faxes.
- Checking for safe deposit box or in-room safe keys
- Securing the room key
- Updating the status of the room
- Inquiring about the guest’s stay & experience
- Requesting the guest to complete a guest satisfaction survey
- Updating the guest history file