It is said that fish and chips is originated in England.Fish and chips is a common take away food in United Kingdom.Its a combination of 2 main dish – fish & chips / french fries.
Ingredients for 10 portions
|1.60||KG||Cod / Seer / Haddock fillet|
|0.02||KG||WHITE PEPPER POWDER|
- Clean the fish under running water, pat dry and roll it in flour and chopped parsley, keep aside
- For the batter, in a mixing bowl, whisk soda water, baking powder, egg, flour, salt & pepper.
- Keep the smooth batter in refrigerator for 30 mins
- Heat the oil in wok/ deep pan.
- Now dip each piece of fish in batter, coating them well and gently place them into hot oil.
- Fry on medium heat till golden. Take it out, dry with paper towel and place on serving plate.
- Place Chips / French fries on the side
- Garnish with parsley sprig on top and lemon slice/wedges on the side
Accompaniments : Tartar Sauce & Tomato ketchup.
Note : soda can be replaced by light beer or (50:50 – soda and beer)