|0.225||KG||Chinese long beans|
|0.085||KG||Sunflower seeds, toasted|
|0.00125||KG||Ground black pepper|
|0.03||LITER||Fresh tangerine juice|
|0.014||KG||Light brown sugar|
- Trim the beans, cut into 4-cm lengths, and cook in boiling water until tender. Drain and cool.
- Trim the peels from the tangerines. Working over a bowl to catch the juices, cut the segments out from between the membranes, removing seeds, if any. Squeeze the juice from the leftover membranes and reserve for the vinaigrette.
- Combine the beans, tangerine segments, onions, and sunflower seeds in a large bowl. Season with the salt and pepper.
- To make the vinaigrette, combine the cornstarch with 1 tsp/0.005 LIT water to form a slurry. Bring the stock to boil. Add the slurry and stir until the stock has thickened, about 2 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Combine the remaining vinaigrette ingredients and whish into the thickened stock.
- Toss the bean mixture with the vinaigrette. The salad is ready to serve now at room temperature or it may be chilled for up to 24 hours before serving.