Yield: 1 portion
Salmon fillet – 4-5 oz.
Fresh shallot – minced 1/2 tsp.
Fresh ginger – minced 1/4 tsp.
Fresh garlic – minced 1/4 tsp.
Sesame oil – 1 tsp.
Peanut oil – 1 tsp.
Carrot, finely chopped – 1 oz.
Onion, finely chopped – 1 oz.
Serrano chiles – minced pinch
Thai chiles – minced pinch
Jasmine rice – precooked 3-4 oz.
Rice wine – 1 Tbsp.
21/25 shrimp – cleaned 3
Soy sauce, low-sodium or regular – 1 1/2 tsp.
English peas, blanched – 1 Tbsp.
Crispy-fried leeks – if desired 1/4 cup
Mustard soy sauce, if desired – see note 2 tbsp.
Teriyaki reduction, if desired – see note 1 oz.
- Sear salmon fillet; finish cooking in 350F oven while preparing stir-fry.
- Saute shallot, ginger and garlic in sesame and peanut oil.
- Add carrot, onion and both chiles; stir-fry until tender-crisp stage.
- Stir in rice; cook to brown. Add rice wine and shrimp; stir to prevent rice from sticking. Season with soy sauce and gently stir in peas.
- Mound mixture on plate; top with salmon fillet and surround with mustard soy sauce.
- Garnish with Chinese characters made with teriyaki reduction and top with crispy-fried leeks.
Note: Make a paste of hot mustard and water; stir in soy sauce to smooth, fluid sauce. For teriyaki reduction, boil teriyaki sauce to a syrupy consistency.
Nutrition per serving: Calories, 415; Fat, 17.5g (39% calories from fat); Protein, 30.4g; Cholesterol, 91.2mg; Sodium, 412mg.