Au jus is a French culinary term meaning “with juice”. It refers to meat dishes prepared or served together with a light gravy, or broth, made from the fluids secreted by the meat as it is cooked. In French cuisine, cooking au jus is a natural way to enhance the flavour of dishes, mainly chicken, veal, and lamb. Here we have thyme flavoured Jus – Italian style.
Ingredients for 3 Lt
|1||Kg||Lamb curry cut|
|0.1||Litre||Honey bee brandy|
- Blanch the bones in cold water and strain
- Roast the bones in a moderately hot oven until golden brown
- In a stockpot, heat oil and saute mirepoix (onion, garlic, celery) and lamb curry cut until brown.
- Flambe with brandy. Add flour and cook. Now add pelati and cook further
- Add cold water, red wine, bay leaf, thyme and simmer until reduced to a thick consistency
- Strain the sauce and add the chilled butter and emulsify before serving