Yield: 4 appetizer servings
Lasagna, uncooked – 4 pieces
Chicken breast – 6-8 oz., cooked 1
Tomato paste – 1 1/2 Tbsp.
Olive oil – 1 Tbsp.
Low-sodium chicken broth, divided – 1 1/2 cup
Tomato, chopped – 1/4 cup
Capers, chopped – 1 Tbsp.
Salt – 1 tsp.
Black pepper – 1/2 tsp.
Red pepper flakes – 1/2 tsp.
Fresh basil, chopped – 2 Tbsp.
Black olives, pitted, chopped – 2 Tbsp.
Basil leaves – 20
Tomato sauce (recipe follows) – as needed
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Cut chicken breast into 6 to 8 pieces. In food processor or blender, puree chicken with tomato paste. With processor running, slowly add oil; add 1/2 cup broth. Transfer puree to bowl; mix in 1/4 cup chopped tomato and capers. Add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, chopped basil and olives. Set aside.
- Lay lasagna on cutting board; lightly season with salt and pepper. Lay 3 to 4 basil leaves on each lasagna sheet; spoon 1/4 of chicken puree on 1 end; roll up; secure with toothpick.
- Pour 1/4 cup broth into each of 4 oven-safe ramekins. Place rolled lasagna into cups. Place cups in 9-x-13-in. baking pan. Slowly fill pan with 1 in. water. Cover with foil; bake at 350F for 50 minutes.
- Remove lasagna from ramekins by carefully draining liquid and turning upside down. Turn lasagna right side up; remove toothpicks. Spoon tomato sauce on each of 4 plates. Top with a lasagna roll; garnish with basil.
In small saucepan over medium heat, cook 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion and 3 large, chopped tomatoes with juice until mixture has sauce-like consistency, 8 to 10 minutes. Add 1/8 tsp. black pepper and 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 215; Fat 5.9g (25% calories from fat); Protein 16.9g; Carbohydrate 24.4g; Sodium 902mg.