Ratatouille is a French stewed vegetable dish, sometimes referred to as ratatouille niçoise. Common ingredients include tomato, garlic, onion, courgette, aubergine, capsicum, and combination of some leafy green herbs.Vegetables can be diced or slided and there is no standard cooking time. If you’d like to serve Ratatouille as a main course,serve it over cooked grain, such as rice, quinoa, or pasta. You can also serve it as a pizza topping.
Ingredients for 10 portions
- Cut all vegetables in even dices.
- Use trimmings for making stock
- Add oil. Add garlic then add vegetables in this sequence that they would get cooked.
- Onion, aubergine, zucchini, bell pepper. While cooking vegetables, cover with a cartouche(butter paper)
- Add stock in between. Add tomato puree. Season with salt and pepper and basil.