Gumbo filé powder – 1 tsp.
Fresh basil leaves – 10
Fresh cilantro leaves – 8
Vegetable oil – 2 oz.
Swordfish steaks – 7 oz. 6
Carrot, diced – 1/2 cup
Celery, diced – 1/2 cup
Red onion, diced – 1/2 cup
Red bell pepper, diced – 1/2 cup
Rock shrimp, peeled, deveined – 5 oz.
Ripe plantain, diced – 1 cup
Cilantro, minced – 1 Tbsp.
Lobster stock – 3/4 cup
Pineapple juice – 1/4 cup
Egg bread, crust removed, diced – 3 cups
Salt, pepper – as needed
Lobster pan gravy (recipe follows) – 6 oz.
Baby carrots, cooked garnish
Fresh peas, cooked garnish
Cranberry-mango chutney garnish
- Place filé, basil, cilantro and oil in blender. Process until smooth. Cover fish with marinade. Let stand 1-2 hours.
- Saute carrots, celery, onions and peppers until soft. Add shrimp; cook 2 minutes.
- Deep-fry plantain until golden.
- Mix vegetables, plantain, cilantro, lobster stock, pineapple juice, bread, salt and pepper. Place in 4-oz. foil muffin cups. Place cups in roasting pan; cover, bake at 375F for 18 minutes.
- Per order: Sear fish on both sides. Finish in 350F oven to desired doneness. Pour 2 oz. gravy on plate. Place stuffing in center. Lean fish against stuffing. Garnish with carrots, peas and chutney.
Lobster pan gravy
Saute 1 minced shallot. Add 1/3 cup sherry and 1 qt. lobster stock. Add 2 sprigs thyme. Reduce to about 11/2 cups. Remove from heat. Whisk in 4 oz. butter. Season with salt and pepper.