Example Condition of Stay or Sample Hotel Stay Policy used in the hotels, Bed and Breakfast – B&B, Homestay’s, Serviced Apartments etc. All guests booking or staying at the hotels is required to agree to these terms and condition.
EXAMPLE CONDITIONS OF STAY OR SAMPLE HOTEL BOOKING POLICY
CONDITION OF STAY
The following terms and conditions will apply to all bookings. We ask that you take a moment to read them prior to making a booking. Please pay attention to our deposit and cancellation policies as well as the other terms and conditions marked in bold in this document. In these terms and conditions, which apply to all bookings, the following words shall mean:
- “Agreement” means your booking confirmation read together with these Terms & Conditions;
- “Guest” means the person who will be accommodated at the Hotel;
- “Hotel” means the [Mention Hotel Name];
** “Terms & Conditions” means the terms and conditions of stay contained herein.
- Bookings must be made in advance. Quotations for accommodation will be based on availability as at the date and time of quoting.
- Guests will receive a booking confirmation, in writing, once the booking has been secured via payment of a deposit or presentation of a billing voucher (for all bookings made through a travel agent or tour operator).
CHARGES, DEPOSIT AND PAYMENT
- Prices quoted by [Mention Hotel Name] are expressed inclusive of VAT. Price lists for additional items, such as room service and restaurant meals, are available on request or are displayed at the relevant location within the Hotel.
- All other charges incurred during a Guest’s stay may either be settled immediately or by debiting them to each room’s account, in which event such account shall be settled in full on departure upon presentation of an invoice.
- Bookings must be secured by payment of a percentage of the accommodation costs or by way of a billing voucher (for bookings made via tour agents). Payment may be made via electronic funds transfer (into the bank account shown on the proforma invoice) or credit card. We accept
American Express, MasterCard and Visa.
- Should a person fail to pay such deposit or present a billing voucher by the due date, the Hotel may treat the booking as having been cancelled without further notice.
CANCELLATIONS AND NON-ARRIVALS
- Cancellations to any bookings must be made in writing. The Guest shall be liable for and pay to [Mention Hotel Name] a cancellation fee, the amount as described by the [Mention Hotel Name] at the time of booking confirmation.
- All rooms that have been confirmed will be held until 24h00 on the scheduled date of arrival at which time the Hotel may re-let the room without further notice, unless notified of a late arrival.
CHANGES TO BOOKINGS
- Changes to any bookings must be made in writing.
- No amendments are guaranteed until written confirmation is provided by [Mention Hotel Name].
- Rate variations may apply, depending on the nature of the change.
CHECK IN & CHECK OUT POLICIES
Standard Check In Time: 14:00 Hrs
Standard Check Out Time: 12:00 Hrs
- Requests for early check-in & late check-out will be handled based on hotel availability at the time of check-in (an additional fee is payable for guaranteed late check-out).
- [Mention Hotel Name] can accommodate guest luggage complimentary in a secure location until the uest room is ready.
- Should you need to confirm an earlier arrival than the hotel’s standard check-in time or a departure later than noon, please contact the hotel directly in advance. If you plan to arrive earlier than the hotel’s check-in time and want to guarantee that you would be able to check
into your room upon arrival, we would advise you to reserve the night prior to the date of arrival.
- Exceeding check-out times without notifying the front desk in advance can result in extra charges, including, but not limited to, late check-out fees and/or an extra night’s charges being applied to your bill.
FOOD AND BEVERAGES
- Mini-bar facilities are available in each room and will be stocked. Please notify the Hotel of any special requirements. A list of prices of mini-bar items, as well as room service will be provided in each room. Guests may either pay cash or debit charges to his/her guest account.
- Only food and beverages (including alcoholic and soft drinks) purchased on the Hotel premises
may be consumed at the Hotel.
DAMAGE TO OR REMOVAL OF HOTEL PROPERTY
- Guests will be responsible for any damage caused to the Hotel room or any furnishings, fittings band equipment therein by any act or omission of the Guest, his/her invitees, subcontractors or guests. Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, [Mention Hotel Name] reserves the right to make a charge to the Guest’s credit or debit card.
- The [Mention Hotel Name] reserves the right to charge Guests the cost of replacing any items that are
removed from the Hotel by them without consent. The charge will be the full replacement amount of the missing item.
- The [Mention Hotel Name] reserves the right to take action against any guest found to have tampered/interfered with any fire detection equipment throughout the hotel, including detector heads in public areas and bedrooms, break glass points and fire extinguishers. Guests found to have tampered with any fire detection or firefighting equipment will be charged with any costs incurred by the Hotel due to their actions and additionally may be asked to leave the Hotel.
- Should the fact that fire fighting or detection equipment had been tampered with coming to light after the guests have departed [Mention Hotel Name] reserves the right to make a charge to the Guest’s credit or debit card?
- If the Hotel staff find any personal effects, goods left behind by a Guest or any other lost property, [Mention Hotel Name] will retain such items and if an item is not reclaimed with the 3 months of the Guest’s departure it will be disposed of by the Hotel at its discretion.
- [Mention Hotel Name] reserves the right to judge acceptable levels of noise or behaviour of the Guest or invitees of the Guest who must take all steps necessary for corrective action as requested by the Hotel. In the event of failure to comply with management’s request, the Hotel may terminate a booking or function immediately without being liable for any refund or compensation.
- It is the policy of the Hotel not to discriminate on the grounds of race, color, nationality, s e x, marital status, age, ethnic origin or disability and as a responsible host, we believe that we have a duty to our guests to protect them from inappropriate behaviour. The Guest, his/her employees, guests and sub-contractors engaged by or on behalf of the Guest are expected to adhere to this policy and the Hotel may, without incurring any liability to the Guest, immediately remove from the Hotel any person(s) offending against this policy.
- Should any actions by a guest be deemed inappropriate by the Duty Manager, or if any inappropriate behaviour is brought to the attention of the Duty Manager, the Hotel reserves the right, after any allegations have been investigated, to take action against the Guest.
Extra-bed only to Junior, Senior and Superior and Honeymoon Suites, 120.00 Euro per night.
Not suitable for people with physical disabilities.
AVAILABILITY AND USE OF FACILITIES AND OUTSIDE SERVICES
- [Mention Hotel Name] will do its best to ensure that all facilities listed at the Hotel will be available during your stay. However, we cannot guarantee that they will be available as maintenance and other work may be necessary from time to time.
- Prior consent of the Hotel must be received for any entertainment, beauty or other services contracted by the Guest outside of the Hotel. The Hotel may refuse or grant its consent at its absolute discretion without being liable to the Guest for such decision.
- The Guest, if engaging the services of persons outside the employ of the Hotel, shall indemnify the Hotel against any loss of or damage to property or death or illness of or injury to any person(s) and against all claims, demands, proceedings and damages arising as a result thereto.
- The Hotel may in its absolute discretion refuse access to any third party service provider in appropriate circumstances.
- Pets are allowed only upon request. Pets must be leashed at all times and are not allowed in hotel restaurants or public areas.
- Dogs may not be left unattended in guest rooms.
- It is recommended to bring the pet’s immunization certification.
NO SMOKING POLICY
- Smoking is strictly prohibited in all rooms and suites or public areas of the hotel including elevators, corridors, lounge, lobby and the breakfast area.
- Smoking is permitted on the balconies or patios and all public areas.
For the convenience of our guests, we offer free Self and Valet Parking in our private parking lot right across the street of the hotel location.
A valid credit card guarantee, deposit or pre-payment is required at the time of booking.
MasterCard, Visa, American Express and China Union Pay credit cards are accepted as a guarantee.
Please take note that at certain times during the year the Hotel may host functions and events which may be considered a disturbance or an intrusion during a Guest’s stay. Please contact the hotel should you require further information.
- All warranties, conditions and other terms implied by statute or common law are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from this
- The Hotel shall have no liability to the Guest and/or the Guest’s invitees, visitors, employees, sub-contractors or invitees for any special, indirect, consequential loss or damage. [Mention Hotel Name] total liability shall, wherever permitted by law, be limited to the value of this Agreement.
- The Guest shall indemnify the Hotel against any/all liability and any claims, proceedings or damages resulting or arising from or by the booking, function, the Guest, his/her invitees, visitors or any service provider engaged by the Guest.
- Guests are encouraged to lock their motor vehicles and rooms at all times unattended. Guests should take note that parking areas are not supervised and the Hotel does not accept responsibility whatsoever for damage to, or theft from or theft of, motor vehicles parked on the
- Hotel premises or from rooms in the Hotel. The Guest is advised to have and is responsible for insurance to cover loss of baggage, personal effects and money.
- The Guest shall be responsible for any damage caused to the rooms, furnishings, utensils and equipment therein caused by or attributable to any act, omission, default or neglect of the Guest, his/her invitees, visitors or service providers engaged by the Hotel and will pay to the
- Hotel on demand the amount required to make good or remedy any such damage. For the purpose of this clause, acts or omissions of the guests, invitees, employees and/or subcontractors shall be deemed acts of the Guest.
[Mention Hotel Name] shall not be in breach of this Agreement if it does not provide the services under this Agreement, and it shall be entitled to cancel a booking if it is no longer able to provide the accommodation, due to one or more of the following circumstances:
- Any part of the Hotel is closed due to fire, alteration or redecoration by order of any public authority or any reason beyond the Hotel’s control;
- There is a failure to supply the Hotel with gas, electricity or water outside of the Hotel’s
- The Hotel is unable to fulfil the booking as a result of industrial action by its staff or one
of its suppliers;
- Fire, lightning, explosion, riot or civil commotion, malicious damage, storm, tempest, flood, burst pipes, earthquakes, or impact resulting in the Hotel is unable to provide the booked facilities;
- The Hotel or any part thereof is designated for alternate use.
- If anyone of the events above occurs [Mention Hotel Name] will do its best to avoid any inconvenience and will return any payments made.
CANCELLATION BY HOTEL
- The Hotel shall be entitled to cancel any booking immediately if a Guest is in arrears with payment to the Hotel, or if a Guest becomes insolvent or has an administrator appointed over his/her affairs, or if Guest breaches any of the other of these Terms and Conditions.
- If the Hotel cancels the booking for reasons other than as set out in these Terms and Conditions, then it will use its reasonable endeavours to provide alternative facilities to the Guest at another hotel similar or comparable standard subject to such facilities being available.
- [Mention Hotel Name] reserves the right to deduct any sums owed to it by the Guest and the exercise of such right shall be without prejudice to any other rights which the Hotel may have in terms of this Agreement or in law.
- The Agreement will be construed in accordance with Greek law and the Guest agrees to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Greek courts.
- Any notice or invoice hereunder shall be duly served on either party if delivered to their last known address.
- No variation of this Agreement shall be valid unless it is in writing and signed by, or on behalf of, each of the parties.
- Failure to exercise, or any delay in exercising, any right or remedy provided under this Agreement by law to [Mention Hotel Name] shall not constitute a waiver of that (or any other) right or remedy, nor shall it precluded or restrict any further exercise of that (or any other) right or remedy.
- In the event that a Guest has a complaint during his/her stay at the Hotel, he/she must bring it to the attention of Hotel management as soon as possible to allow the Hotel the opportunity to address the issue during your stay.