Avocado soup is a fruit soup prepared using avocados as a primary ingredient. Ingredients used in its preparation in addition to ripe avocados can include milk or cream, stock or broth, lime/lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Ingredients for 10 portions
- Saute garlic & shallots in butter. Cook until garlic is lightly browned & onions are transparent.
- Add chicken broth & bring to medium high heat. Now add avocados, parsley & lime juice.
- Bring to a simmer and cook 5-10 minutes, until all the flavors come together.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour soup into blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add in cream & blend slowly, until cream is incorporated. Cool it & then refrigerate for 3 hrs.
- Garnish with fresh slices of avocado, cilantro, & a swirl of sour cream while serving.