Yield: 4 dozen ravioli
Durum flour – 15 oz.
High-gluten bread flour – 15 oz.
Salt – 1 tsp.
Eggs – 4
Olive oil – 1/4 cup
Water – 3/4 cup
Butternut squash, roasted, pureed – 3 to 4
Fat-free ricotta cheese – 3/4 cup
Parmesan cheese – 1/4 cup
Cinnamon – 1/4 tsp.
Nutmeg – 1/4 tsp.
Black pepper – 1 tsp.
Salt – to taste
Bread crumbs – 1/2 cup
Egg wash – as needed
Navel oranges – 10
Fennel bulb, diced – 1
Celery stalk, diced – 2
Fresh orange juice – 1/2 gal.
Roasted garlic puree – 1/2 cup
Balsamic vinegar – 1/2 cup
Fresh sage, julienned – 2 Tbsp.
Orange peel, julienned, blanched – 2 Tbsp.
Chicken stock – 1 cup
- Prepare pasta dough by mixing flours and salt. Add eggs and oil, then water, mixing until smooth; knead. Allow to rest 1 hour.
- Mix squash puree, cheeses, cinnamon, nutmeg, pepper and salt. Mix in bread crumbs. Place in pastry bag.
- Using pasta machine, roll out pasta. Lay out 2 pasta sheets, cut to 12-in. by 6-in. Pipe 1 Tbsp. filling into 2 in. of space, 3 across, 6 down. Brush second pasta sheet with egg wash; carefully lay over bottom sheet. Cut into squares with pizza wheel. Repeat with remaining pasta sheets.
- Prepare sauce: Bake oranges in 350F oven until skins begin to color, 40 minutes; cool. Juice in juicer; set aside.
- Sweat fennel and celery in skillet. Add fresh orange juice; boil to reduce by half. Add roasted orange juice; heat to boil. Add garlic puree. Meanwhile, boil balsamic vinegar in nonreactive saucepan until thick and reduced by more than half. Strain orange sauce. Finish with sage, orange peel and balsamic reduction. Add chicken stock to modify taste.
- Cook ravioli in boiling, salted water about 4 minutes. Per serving, plate 6 ravioli, top with sauce.
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 137; Fat 2.34g (15% calories from fat); Protein 7.26g; Carbohydrate 23g; Sodium 103mg.