Ingredients for 6 servings persons
Slender asparagus stalks – 10
Roasted red pepper, chopped – 1/2 cup
Large eggs – 3
Large egg whites – 4
Cooked, cooled white rice -1 cup
Parmesan cheese, grated – 1 tbsp.
Fresh basil, minced – 1 tbsp.
Fresh thyme, minced – 3/4 tsp.
Salt – 1/2 tsp.
Freshly ground pepper to taste
Balsamic vinegar about – 3/4 tsp.
- Trim asparagus and cook until crisp-tender. Cool to room temperature. Blot roasted peppers dry. Set vegetables aside.
- Whisk together whole eggs, egg whites, rice, cheese, basil, thyme, salt and pepper. Fold in red peppers.
- Coat a 10-in. nonstick ovenproof pan with cooking spray; add egg mixture and cook over medium heat until set about halfway. Do not stir scrambled eggs but lift cooked edges occasionally to let uncooked egg slide under cooked portion.
- Arrange asparagus spears in radial design over top. Transfer pan to oven and bake at 400F until set, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Carefully slide frittata onto platter; brush lightly with balsamic vinegar. Cut into wedges; serve hot or at room temperature.
Nutrition per serving: Calories, 97; Fat, 2.97g (28% calories from fat); Protein, 7.35g; Carbohydrates, 10g; Sodium, 282mg; Cholesterol, 107mg