Audit and verify all revenue transactions, record them, and prepare daily, monthly, and other sales and other reports for management in accordance with hotel policies and procedures.
Scope and work performed
- Audit all revenue transactions for techniques consistency, and methods used to meet hotel’s standards and local policies and procedures. Examine all the transactions for accuracy and ensure the trials tally. This involves but not necessarily exhaustive:
- Review “Rate Segment Report” (Rate Check) to ensure that all occupied rooms have genuine room rate as per Minimum Rate Agreement and that all special rates and complimentary rooms are authenticated and approved.
- Post Room Revenue and ensure that all occupied rooms have been charged accurately.
- Post all pending/ unposted charges
- Audit all outlet reports and tally them with Opera for accuracy. Check that genuine discounts are given.
- Audit the banquet functions and ensure the charges are as per banquet event orders.
- Control and reconcile the daily sales in the outlets.
- Audit F&B and all other hotel revenue generated and ensure the accuracy.
- Segregate and audit GSA daily work for accuracy.
- Audit the credit card transactions for accuracy. Ensure the pOS details summary reports agree with Opera.
- Check the authenticity of all FO paid outs/rebates and outlet rebates and verify for accuracy.
- Controls together with Accounts Receivable on daily basis pM and permanent folios.
- Audit all administrative pM folios and lost interface posting charges. Analyse and transfer them to respective accounts/folios.
- Perform month end closing and ensure that the trial balance agree with general Ledger.
- Prepares daily and monthly reports for the management.
- Post the daily audited work in audit program and ensure that:
- The trial balance should tally with that of Opera
- Debit and credit totals of the Daily Income Journal Balances.
- The Night Auditor figures should tally with the Sales Report
- Micros Revenue Reports should tally with the Sales Report
- The forecast and last year’s figures in the Sales Report should be accurate
- Record all miscellaneous charges in Miscellaneous Analysis Book and mark “paid” any payment made against JV payable. Reconcile Misc Account
- Make spot check in the outlets.
- Responsible along with night auditor for daily, weekly, and monthly backups for Opera and Micros.
- Record all miscellaneous charges and maintain audit miscellaneous account.
- Submit daily rebates, paid outs and any other pM Master folios, reports to DOF for review and approval.
- Ensure to have adequate control over all banquet function sheets.
- Maintain proper filing and record retention and is familiar with Income Audit policies and procedures.
- Verify and audit daily General Cashier deposit and envelope.
- Investigate and follow-up of any shortages/ overage from General Cashier’s envelope on daily basis. prepare over & short report on monthly basis and forward to Director of Finance for approval and for necessary action
- Be familiar completely with hotel systems p.M.S.,p.O.S. ( Opera, Micros )
- Check Micros and Opera reports for accuracy and unusual transactions. Verify and audit all adjustments and corrections.
- Carry out any other accounting work assigned by Director of Finance.
- Be familiar with hotel Income audit Finance policies.
Responsibilities include analysing the night audit work for accuracy and completeness, verifying allowances and miscellaneous postings for proper authorisation and coding and preparing the daily sales journals and reports. The incumbent will assist the Income Auditor in researching and resolving all discrepancies that is revenue related and developing procedures to eliminate such discrepancies.
- Responsible for all daily income of the Hotel;
- On a daily basis , verify that the daily-created Opera night audit spool files are working correctly and closely audit the trial balance. Verify that there are no control sums for Guest Ledger, City Ledger and Deposit Ledger. Report any discrepancies to the Assistant Controller and investigate the differences.
- Sort and file all back up received in the night audit file/box from night receptionist. Read the night handover log and action if applicable. Liase closely with night audit and review night audit work daily for accuracy.
- Work closely with Front Office (FO) and Food & Beverage (F&B) to ensure postings are accurate and any discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner.
- Create, review and save a draft daily Gross Revenue Report (GRR) for management by morning
- Review all rebates and allowances and ensure they are properly authorized and to report all deviations from prevailing policies and procedures;
- Verification of sales from Rooms, Food and Beverage and other Operational Departments and rectify any discrepancies;
- Ensure timely preparation and distribution of daily revenue and statistics report;
- Post all transactions in the revenue and allowance journal and any adjustments after sales receipts are confirmed;
- Verification of all Food and Beverage discounted checks are justified, properly recorded into POS system and to prepare utilization report for Management.