Red cabbage is often used raw for salads and coleslaw. This vegetable can be eaten cooked. It is the traditional accompanying side dish paired with many German meals. At Christmas it can be spiced and served as an accompaniment to seasonal roast goose or turkey. Often apples are added to give it sweet-sour taste.
Ingredients for 05 portion
|0.05||Litre||White wine vinegar|
|0.01||Kg||Pink pepper corn|
- Thickly shred the cabbage. Core and slice the apple.
- In a sautee pan take clarified butter. Then add bay leaf and red cabbage.
- Sweat it and then add, sliced apple, white wine vinegar and pink peppercorn.
- It will turn bright red in color and then add the red wine and sugar & check for seasoning
- Cover it and put it in the oven for 10 min. At 200 deg. Celsius
- Take out and allow it to rest before serving.
- Top with dollops of goat cheese and serve.