What You Need for effectively handling guest complaints?
1. EASY feedback
- Make it easy for guests to give feedback.
- Always show a willingness to hear guests complaints and suggestions.
- F&B Staff should collect the guest feedback in a standard form.
2. Help Guest Quickly
- Guests who have to ask more than once for a resolution are less satisfied.
- Always let the guest know the approximate time it will take to resolve his complaint.
3. Empower F&B Staff
- Give authority to the F&B staff to take certain decisions in order to resolve complaints.
- Waiting for getting permission from superior or managers are only going to delay the resolution and creates further dissatisfaction to the guest.
4. Do Not Inconvenience More!
- Make sure not to do any actions to further inconvenience the guest.
- Doing so will make the guest more upset and angry.
- Provide alternative if an immediate solution cannot be found.
- Inform the guest what will be done so the same issue will not be repeated.
- F&B staff should take corrective actions without any hesitation.