Time to clean room

Good afternoon,
How long do you count for cleaning a room? I find 30 minutes very short to get good quality cleaning?
Thank you

2 Likes

Hi @CarmenH I don’t think there is a hard and fast rule that a room must be cleaned within 30 minutes etc. it depends upon a lot of factors like the size or the room, facilities, service standard, amenities etc.

What I recommend is to find the sweet spot for the room cleaning time with one of your best room attendant. The most effective room cleaning should follow a logical progression from actually entering the guest room to the final check and departure.

Have you prepared a task list for the room attendants already? this would be a reference to make sure all required cleaning task is completed by the attendant and note down the time taken.

1 Like

Dear Cottagehumble,

Thank you again!

I actually need to assess cost for a project feasibility study, I think I will take an average for now and yes I will definitely work on establishing a task list.

1 Like

@CarmenH here is a sample task list for room attendants.

2 Likes

@CarmenH 30 mins is the standard room cleaning time. usually, 15 rooms are assigned for a shift for one room attendant. 15 x 30 mins = 450 mins , which is 7 hr 30 mins theoretically. 1 hr break time.

for standard room cleaning.
15 rooms are for 9 hr shift, including break/briefing preparing reports etc.
13 rooms are for 8 hr shift.

time will vary depending on the category, like suite rooms, deluxe, presidential suite etc. takes 45 mins to 1 hr.

This is regular cleaning time.

Deep cleaning time is more… :blush:

3 Likes

Thank you Ronan!

Definitely what I experienced in the Uk to

1 Like