I am have been looking for an efficient process to release a room for guest occupancy. Specifically, I am interested in knowing how exactly communication is made between the housekeeper, inspector, and front desk.
Our property is spread out a bit so our units are not all close together (or near the front desk).
Specific questions below:
- Do you inspect every room?
- How does inspector know the housekeeper is done with the room?
- How does inspector attend to cleanliness deficiencies?
- Are these deficiencies communicated to the housekeeper who cleaned the room, and that housekeeper goes back to fix the deficiency?
- How is the maintenance job or OOS are communicated?
- How does the front desk know that the deficiency / maintenance job was corrected?
- Who releases the room for occupancy, the housekeeper who corrected the deficiency or is the room inspected again and then released by the inspector?
- Is all of this done verbally (in person or phone or walky-talky?) or communicated electronically?
- What is the best way to communicate all of the actions that must be performed (clean, inspect, correct deficiencies, release to front desk)?
Thank you in advance for your help