Dish name : Spinach and Babycorn Quiche
Quiche is a French tart consisting of pastry crust filled with savoury custard and pieces of cheese, meat, seafood or vegetables. Quiche is a baked dish that can be served hot or cold. It is popular worldwide. Here we use seasoned spinach & baby corn as stuffing with cream & cheese.
Ingredients for 10 portions
|0.10||Litres||Grovers white wine|
|0.10||Kg||Chopped fresh parsley|
- Blanch the spinach and shock in ice water
- Thinly slice the baby corn.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Chop the thyme and parsley finely.
- Mix together 1/4 of the cream, some salt, white pepper powder, little parmesan cheese
- Take oil in a pan, add in the onion and sweat on a low flame, without color
- Add in the garlic, saute.
- Add in the baby corn.
- Add in the spinach, salt cracked black pepper, cream.
- Check and adjust consistency.
- Line a pastry ring with shortcrust pastry and put in the spinach stuffing.
- Mix some shredded mozzarella in spinach stuffing and use the balance to top it.
- Bake in the oven at 150* c till the pastry is cooked and light brown on the edges.
- To make sauce take butter in a pan add in garlic. Stir, deglaze with white wine.
- Add cream, chopped parsley and thyme. Finish with cubes of chilled butter.