Dish Name : Spanish Omelette / Tortilla de patatas
Spanish Omelette /Spanish tortilla is a traditional dish from Spain. In spain this is called as Tortilla de patatas.The best way to serve a Spanish omelette is to slice it like a cake.This is served as appetizer (spanish - Tapa) with bread and salad.Spanish omelette can be served hot / cold or on room temperature.
Ingredients for 4 portions
|0.2||KG||Extra virgin olive oil|
- Break all eggs in a mixing bowl and whisk by adding salt and keep aside
- Heat extra virgin oilve oil in a nonstick pan and add sliced quartered potatoes to it
- Cook for 10 mins on low heat and add in sliced white onions to this and continue cooking.
- Cook for another 10 to 15 mins till both onion and potatoes are well cooked.
- Remove & strain the oil and allow to cool for a while. Then add this to the egg and combine well.
- Now heat a nonstick pan and by using a little of the strained oil, grease the pan
- Pour in 2 laddles of the egg mix to the pan and cook for 4 mins
- Turn this/ flip over and cook for another 4 mins.
- Remove this to serving plate.
Accompaniments : Bread and Salad