Dish Name : Rolled Lamb Loin Napoli Style
Boneless loin part of lamb pound with millet and stuffed with Italian style seasoned vegetables and rolled. This is roasted and served with accompaniments.
Ingredients for 10 portions
|0.1||Kg||Sliced bell pepper|
|0.015||Litre||Red wine vinegar|
|1.8||Kg||Boneless loin of lamb|
- In a medium skillet, heat olive oil; sauté onion and garlic. Add spinach, red pepper, basil, currants,
- Pepper and vinegar. Cook additional 2 to 3 minutes until spinach is wilted
- Lay boneless loin or sirloin on cutting board, fat-side up. Trim excess fat, leaving 1/8-inch cover.
- Score fat surface in a 1-inch crisscross pattern, 1/8-inch deep. Turn boneless loin over, fat-side
- Down, on cutting board. Cover surface of the meat with plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet
Or pounding tool, pound meat to 1-inch thickness. Place a 2-inch strip of filling along the centre
And the length of roast; roll and tie with string at 2-inch intervals.
- In a small bowl, blend olive oil, chopped garlic, pomegranate juice, paprika, salt and pepper
- Marinate the roast in the above mix and roast until the desired doneness is achieved
- Rest the meat before carving and serving with desired accompaniments such as vegetables and starch