Dish Name : Roasted Pumpkin Soup
Pumpkin is a type of squash. Pumpkin soup is a thick soup made from purée of pumpkin (blended pumpkin with stock). It can be served hot or cold and is a popular ‘thanksgiving’ dish in the United States. The pumpkin soup was a staple for the prisoners of war in North Vietnamese prison camps during the Vietnam war. Squash soup is a soup in African cuisine.
Ingredients for 8 Litres
|0.1||Kg||Black pepper powder|
- Roast onion garlic and pumpkin in the oven at 200-degree Celsius
- Heat butter in a pan and add chopped celery & leeks along with the bay leaf.
- Add roasted ingredients and saute for 2 mins. Then add veg. Stock & cook for another 10 mins.
- Blend it in a smooth puree and cook again for 7-10 mins. Check for seasoning.
- Strain and add cream. Mix well & pour a ladle into the soup bowl.
- Garnish with a swirl of cream & celery sprig.