Dish Name : Roast Pork Belly with Chorizo Salad
Pork belly is a boneless cut of fatty meat from the belly of a pig, which is particularly popular in Hispanic, Chinese, Danish, Korean and Philippine cuisine. Chorizo or chouriço is a type of pork sausage usually fermented, cured or smoked sausage which is consumed without cooking in Europe. Elsewhere, some sausages sold as chorizo may not be fermented and cured, and require cooking before eating.
Ingredients for 10 portions
|For Roasting :|
|0.4||Litre||White wine vinegar|
|0.4||Litre||Star anise jus.|
|0.3||Kg||Warm chorizo salad|
|Glazed Garden Green :|
- Cut and clean the pork belly and marinate it with all the ingredients mentioned and refrigerate overnight
- Roast it in the oven for about 3hrs. At 150 deg. Celsius. With skin side up.
- In a pan make warm chorizo salad
- Once the meat is cooked keep it below salamander to make the skin crisp.
- Serve it with butter glazed garden greens and star anise-flavored jus.