Dish Name : Risotto
Risotto is a northern Italian rice dish (main course) cooked with broth until it reaches a creamy consistency. The broth can be derived from meat, fish, or vegetables. The recipe mentioned below is one of the most common ways of cooking rice in Italy. Saffron was originally used for flavor and its signature yellow color.
Ingredients for 8 portions
|0.500||Kg||Risotto rice - Arborio rice|
|Optional - seasoning :|
- Heat half the quantity of butter and saute the chopped onion till transparent.
- Add the risotto rice and saute till it starts sticking to the base.
- De glaze with white wine.
- Add half the quantity of the stock and simmer on very low heat.
- When the stock gets absorbed and add more stock and cook.
- For finishing add the remaining quantity of butter and monte.
- Garnish with grated parmesan cheese and serve.