Re opening again after Covid ideas and input

We live in South African and run a small ten guest accommodation establishment.
We are busy putting together a motivation to facilitate a structured reopening once our Lockdown has finished.
Any members already had to do this?
Any advice very welcome.
Thanks so much Gail

4 Likes

According to the New York Post, millennials are the most eager to get back out and explore the world after the coronavirus ends. Sure, they are worried about the outcome of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Yet, they are more fearless and more desiring of unique experiences right here right now. As of now, they are taking advantage of the crazy low prices showing no fear of the virus. So let’s hope as soon as the lockdown period is over there will be some business to slowly come back to normal.

4 Likes

It is imperative that hotels across the globe remember how they have overcome a range of past crises, such as natural disasters, the SARS outbreak and acts of terrorism when thinking through their strategies to handle the COVID-19 crisis

As the impact of COVID-19 lessens and demand increases, it is crucial that hotels act in a proactive manner by effectively managing room rates and marketing offers to maximize revenues.

3 Likes

We as hoteliers need to use this low occupancy / closed down period for hotel maintenance, renovations, invest in new technologies, staff training (remote training of-course), try to sell gift certificates, start meal delivery from hotel restaurant, support the community, work on other brand awareness etc.

5 Likes

i think summer holiday is the nearest holiday and still we don’t know when this pandemic will come to an end as the fastest possible vaccine for being available is by the end of 2021. at least what those health experts said.

however i see some trend in various places such as in usa and aussie, there is an interesting trend for locals over there by renting RV (simply said, a car with a mini house inside where u can sleep, cook, pee, even bring your bicycle). people simply don’t dream for international traveling in the near future. not this summer holiday obviously. most probably they will spend holiday nearby, outdoor of course, coz they’re boring for staying at home all this time.
“people want to go traveling but they won’t go way too far from home”

back to hotel topic, yes hotel industry is really bleeding recently. the fact is people got poorer after being lockdown for several months. so, my guess is any hotels with budget rate and located in tourism spots are somewhat favorable by most people. at least, in my calculation, this trend will last for the next 5 years from now.

so the choice is cheap rooms near tourism spots or try capsule hotel, also in tourism spots. just expecting domestic tourists. these choice are considerable since i can’t expect normal hotel is able to generate profit as before march this year. everything is changed today.

2 Likes