Question about plates polishing

Hi. I hope I post in right category.
I have a question about waiters polishing dinner plates after they come off the washing machine.
Does hotels have like a person that polishes plates the whole day? And I talk strictly about plates, not silverware or glass.
I mean from your experience, how much time and effort goes into polishing dinner plates?
Like how much guests do you have, and how many labour hours you spend on plates polish?
Thank you.

4 Likes

I think the answer to the question directly depends upon how large and busy your operations are. Ideally there is no need to employ a full time employee for polishing plates this can be done either as a pre-shift or post-shift activity.

In case the waiters are too busy then I recon you could also ask the stewarding team to assist with the polishing of dinner plates. As such the latest dishwashing machines save a lot of time for the stewarding department. :smile: :smile:

4 Likes

well… in my last hotel they had like 450 guests, and I would say it took considerable amount of time to polish the plates, at least 4 hours for 1 waiter per shift.
Also how the latest dishwashing machines are any better? The machine we had was a tunnel like washing machine.

4 Likes

Hey guys in our hotel we ask the industrial trainees to do this kind of job :slight_smile: :slight_smile: I think most of the hotels or restaurants does this.

2 Likes

I would say that is you are running a busy restaurant and does take a considerable amount of time for polishing plates then you should look for a staff may be a part timer or hourly wages.

2 Likes

Definitely related to your operation needs. If you require a full timer for plate polishing then you need to hire one and assign him another job once he is through with the dishes.

3 Likes