Dish Name : Pork Rillettes
The term rillette can refer to the final product and its appearance when spread on sliced bread. Rillettes was traditionally made with fatty pork belly or pork shoulder. The meat was cubed, salted and cured, cooked slowly over low heat until very tender, then raked into small shreds and blended with the warm cooking fat to form a rustic paste. Rillettes could be stored in crocks for several months.
Ingredients for 10 portions
|1.2||Kg||Pork belly - local|
|0.01||Kg||Peppercorns - green|
- In a pan place the pork belly and add all the ingredients
- Make sure that the pork fat covers the ingredients and the belly of pork is submerged.
- Cook on a very low heat preferably on a hot plate for over 4-6 hours
- When done, take out the pork and shred the meat
- Mix well and check the seasoning.