My team and I just purchased a small Inn and are looking for a PMS system. I have worked for an independent resort that used Maestro but we are not full service so I feel that is over kill. I recently worked for Marriott for a number of years using FOSSE. I really like the functionality of that program. What would you recommend for a small Inn with 20 rooms currently? We are looking to expand in the future by another 20 rooms.
You need to first list down what all features you want in the PMS/HotelSoftware? Like, for example, is it only the front office (reservation, check-in/out, billing) PMS functions which you need or you want to have integration to other 3rd party vendors etc or an all in one solution etc.
Below are some points to consider.
- All in one solution ie Front Desk + POS +Accounting / Backoffice etc. in one system installed on a server at hotel.
- PMS with an interface to 3rd Party vendor like Backoffice + POS + Channel Manager + Keycard + Wifi + PABX etc.
- Cloud/Web-based Hotel system or locally installed on a server at your hotel.
- Budget allocated.
- Support by the vendor.
- Training the hotel staff.
- Legal or Taxation or billing compliance of the selected product.
My personal recommendation would be to go for a cloud-based system as the Capex is less and there is no need to buy any expensive hardware, maintenance etc. but you need to have a good internet or data connection at the hotel.
FOSSE is a very good system If I am not wrong Marriot would have used it for at least 3 decades
Here are a few suggestions of PMS for small hotels.
Have you tried the website hoteltechreport.com ? This website gives a comprehensive search and Hotel Software Recommendations in Minutes.
Give it a try if you have not done it already, I would say this is similar to a Tripadvisor site for hotel Softwares and technology. All the best