Dish Name : Penne Alfredo
Alfredo (an Italian style of pasta preparation) = Pasta + butter + Parmesan cheese. The pasta should have a rich creamy coating. Alfredo is very popular in America - American style Alfredo adds garlic & cream as sauce along with vegetables or chicken or seafood (shrimp). The recipe below is an American style Alfredo with Penne pasta.
Ingredients for 8 portions
- Melt butter in a pan. Add chopped garlic to the pan and cook till it turns to golden color
- Add mushroom, ham & saute.
- Add chopped celery, leek, onion. Saute for 3 mins and add stock to it.
- Add penne pasta(blanched and strained))
- Add cream sauce and keep stirring till boiling.
- Check for the seasoning and sprinkle Parmesan cheese at the time of finishing.