Dish Name : Mulligatawny soup
Mulligatawny is a soup which originated from South Indian cuisine. The name originates from the Tamil words miḷagāy (‘chilli’ or ‘pepper’), and taṇṇi (‘water’). This fragrant Indian Mulligatawny Soup is spiced with curry and made from creamy red lentils, carrots, apples, and coconut milk.
Ingredients for 3.5 Litres
|0.1||Litre||Thick coconut milk|
|0.005||Kg||Black pepper powder|
- Dry roast the lentil along with curry leaves and turmeric on a slow flame.
- Once you get the smell of roasted lentil, add diced carrots & apples and cook for some time.
- Add the desiccated coconut and cook well. Add curry powder and mix for 3 mins.
- Now add chicken stock and cook till you get a smooth mixture.Lentils should mash completely.
- Puree and strain to a smooth consistency. Check for seasoning.
- Finish off with some thick coconut milk.