Dish Name : Mashed Potato - Mash
Mashed potato, colloquially known as mash, is a dish made by mashing boiled potatoes, usually with cream/milk, butter, salt and pepper. It is generally served as a side dish to meat or vegetables. When the potatoes are roughly mashed, they are called smashed potatoes.
Ingredients for 10 portions
- Peel the potato and cut them into even dices.
- Boil the potatoes with half the salt until tender and soft
- Strain the potato and mash it with the back of the spoon in the chinois.
- Heat the pan, melt the butter, add the mashed potato along with seasonings.
- Keep stirring and add cream.
- Finish off with little butter and stir till it leaves the side and add chopped parsley. Serve hot.