Marketing Tips for Selling and recooping lost revenue

Hi,
With the occupancy being so low and people traveling less, plus the fear of covid-19, I am constantly looking for ways to increase sales. Our ADR has dropped significantly as well as Rev Par. I feel as though it’s a juggling game. OTA’s want to offer discounts, but if we are already paying 20% on a $89 rate it’s not helping to offer additional amounts off. I keep getting notices to offer an additional 10-25% off. It’s not worth it to smaller hotels. Does anyone have any special ideas?
Sheila

2 Likes

Hi @Sroark,

The best bet is to find ways to increase direct guest bookings, this is easy to say than getting done. The main issue is getting the footfall to your direct booking channels like hotel website. Because we need to compete with the OTA’s as they have a huge marketing budget and they spend billions of $$ on online ads like google ads, Facebook etc. and on top of that they also have a non-exuastive emailing lits of potential bookers.

Additionally, one needs to also think about the add-on spends which the guest makes on F&B and other services even if the booking is via OTA.

1 Like