Can someone share the best practice for Maintaining an Ice Machines?
The Primary Items For an Ice Machine PM Check are as Follows:
• Clean and sanitize the water system
• Clean air filters on air-cooled models
• Check external filter system and change cartridges as needed
• Check inlet water valve screens
• Conduct bearing and auger inspection on extruded ice makers
• Conduct a visual inspection of components, controls, and wiring for oil spots,
loose wires, loose fasteners, corrosion, etc.
• Clean the bin interior and unit exterior
When removing ice, use scoops with handles that prevent hands from touching the ice.Don’t touch any other part of the scoop except the handle
• Keep the scoop outside the ice bin, so the handles don’t touch the ice.
The scoop should be kept on a stainless steel, impervious plastic or fiberglass tray
• Keep doors closed except when removing ice
• Consider periodically testing your ice and ice machine surfaces for the presence
• Make sure that you use ice dedicated buckets for transport
• Do not store food, containers or other objects within the ice bin
• Change your water filters on a regular basis