Looking for ideas to secure late arrival packages that include keys etc…our office closes at 6 and there are always those that aren’t able to arrive, therefore we leave informational packet for them to pick-up, want to have better security than in place. I am having difficult time finding lock-box with changeable digital code…Thoughts? Ideas?? combination lock would work as well…Thanks for your expert assistance!!
Hi @wBi how many rooms/keys does yours hotel has? Also, is it a hotel with multiple rooms or just one single listing like Homestay or Airbnb hosting etc.
Do you have any security or staff at other department after 6pm?
What I suggest is you should opt for a 'Remote Self-check-in door locking systems’. Below are some of the features of such systems.
- Suitable for 1 to 200 rooms property.
- Desktop/PC, tablet or smartphone compatible.
- Most of the providers needs No software installation required.
- Full Door, Auxiliary and Event control.
- Break glass monitoring.
- Email System, Alerts & User Events.
You will have to find-out a dealer in your area and also keep in mind that such systems also require good and stable internet connection.
Hope this helps
Below are the typical ways to provide self check-in for the guest.
- Installing a Smart Lock which can be opened with a mobile app or keypad.
- Keypad - Guest can open the lock with a unique code. These code can vary to each guest.
- LockBox - The physical key to your place is stored inside a lock box and the box can be opened with a key combination.