Kitchen Safety Rules
- Always wash your hands before and after handling food.
- Tie back long hair.
- Wear an apron and roll up your sleeves.
- Keep food preparation surfaces clean.
- Wash fruit and vegetables under cold water before use.
- Always ask an adult before handling knives or going near hot things.
- Handle knives and other sharp equipment with care.
- When using a knife, always cut away from yourself or downwards on a chopping board to avoid cutting yourself.
- Turn handles of saucepans away from the front of the stove when cooking.
- Use oven mitts when taking hot dishes from the oven or microwave.
- Do not run around the room where food is being prepared.
- Wipe up food spills immediately.
- Store food appropriately in sealed containers.
- Always keep raw meat away from cooked meat at the bottom of the fridge.
- Wash kitchen and eating utensils after use in hot soapy water.