Dish Name : Irish Lamb Stew
Irish Lamb Stew is a lamb or mutton and root vegetable stew native to Ireland.The main ingredients are lamb, potato, onion, carrot & parsley.
Ingredients for 10 portions
- Marinate the lamb with salt, pepper and flour and keep for 30 minutes.
- Turn the potatoes and carrots.
- In a non-stick pan, heat vegetable oil and saute chopped garlic and onion
- Sear the marinated lamb in a large heavy pot and pour the beef stock into this
- Add the sauteed onion & garlic to the pot.
- Stew the same in an oven at 200º c for 1hour, checking occasionally in between.
- When the stew acquires the desired consistency, add the onions, turned carrots and potatoes.
- Add bay leaf, some fresh chopped parsley and cook for another 30 mins.
- Serve hot with the sauce.