Hotel Guest Room Key Control Checklist for Front office
- Are key records kept up-to-date by all departments controlling those records?
- Are keys issued to employees on a basis of need rather than convenience or status?
- Is there a standard policy for rotating all keys and locks at least once a year?
- Are locks replaced promptly when master and emergency keys are lost or found missing?
- How many master keys are available, and to whom are they issued?
- Would a system of sub master keys that restricted employees to specific areas be helpful to your property?
- When did you last spot check to ensure that officials or employees actually had keys that were issued to them?
- Do your employees turn in their keys at the end of a shift?
- Are extra keys maintained securely?
- Do you limit access to extra keys?
- If you make your own replacement keys, what restrictions (if any) do you place on access to this equipment?
- What restrictions do you make on duplicate keys?
- How many keys leave the premises with guests over a six-month period? What percentage is returned and what is the replacement cost?
- Do you have a policy requiring employees to inquire about the key at check-out time?