Hot Cross Buns
Dish Name : Hot Cross Buns
Meal Period : Lunch / Dinner
Ingredients for 1600 gms dough
|For piping crosses|
- Mix all the ingredients in the dough mixer except the butter
- Knead the dough for 5 minutes on slow speed or until the gluten has formed.
- Add the softened butter and knead again till a smooth dough is obtained
- Keep the dough for proofing, knock back and rest again
- Scale a dough in 25- 30 gms sizes and rest
- Shape the rolls into ball and arrange on a baking tray and allow to proof
- Mix the flour and egg to form a batter of piping consistency . Glaze the rolls with egg wash.
- Pipe a cross over the proofed rolls and bake at 200º C for 15-20 min.